mercredi 6 juin 2012

Don't try this at home.

Watching independant movies about serial killers on sunday morning with a massive hangover is, as tempting as it might seems, not something we should do. I've been haunted for the past three days by  Snowtown , an australian movie I've watched at a very wrong moment. It's really really nasty. Overconfident in my english skills, I hung on for the first 30 minutes without any subtitles before I gathered enough strength to download some english ones and finally started to understand those bloody aussies. The beginning is pretty slow ( or was I?) and very indie-like ( long shots of australian land, series of pictures of suburb-like redneck family with a prostrated mother, electronic music and pale blue/green/grey atmosphere). At some point I even went to eat something. But then the movie change, so imperceptibly that you can't really say what is the trigger. And you find yourself in the middle of a pure evil serial killer movie, with no escape. Daniel Henshall,  playing the main character is just uber creepy and he's being pretty nasty with kangoroo too. Bouh.

To all the stupid european younguns who still think Australia is like the coolest place to go hang out for a year instead of doin something productive with their useless life, this is a movie to recommand. It'll teach them fools.

Fortunately, I happened to have in my possession a nice survival on the theme " crazy-family-finds-a-strange-being-in-the-woods" and it kind of helped me to go through the day. The woman is between Rousseau and Truffaut, with a good gallon of blood. But not only. It also has a morality: women are the true salt of this earth and they'll eventually reign over all these phallocratic sonuvabitch. Take that, Jean-Jacques!


Aucun commentaire: