jeudi 24 octobre 2013

Hope, AR.


I spent some 24 hours in Hope, between trains. The town is famous for being the place of birth of Bill Clinton and for its gigantic watermelons. I visited every museum in town, including one about Paul Wilbur Klipsch, who was some sound genius. 



A burned down building was sitting there, and I was told it has been a jigsaw puzzle factory that went bankrupt and mysteriously went into flames a few months later. You could still see part of those puzzle from the outside.



For some reason, my film also burnt and the backing paper imprinted itself on the negative. I'm still not sure if I like it.



Walking along the interstate to get to my motel, I saw this and found it was both cruel and witty.


For some reason, these kind of signs is what directly pops into my mind when I think about the States, so I got pretty obsessed with that. There where a really cool strech of them along the 270 close to Hot Springs.

Aucun commentaire: